The New Year is in full swing now. Are you used to writing 2014 yet? How many resolutions have you broken already? Are you disappointed?
Well, it’s okay! Because today is a new day and you are here and you might as well get started!
When it comes to working out, weight loss, and health many people can get discouraged. It is hard to change the way you are living your life on a day to day basis. Taking that in to consideration when you are setting fitness goals is key. You will probably, in fact, you are more than likely to make mistakes when you are changing your life. We are humans and we are going to slip up. The trick is to get right back up and try again. Eventually, your fitness goals will become second nature to you.
Goals take time! Failing is okay, in fact, it’s how we learn! Failing and quitting are NOT okay. So, if you have already let go of your New Year’s goal, don’t worry. Just don’t quit!
So for today, let’s start with five workout tips that will allow you to achieve focus and results.
- First things first: Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate. Your body needs fluid and electrolytes to run properly. Before you begin your workout, have a glass of water. Then, frequently during your workout rehydrate. This will help to wash the lactic acid out of your system and prevent too much cramping. (Some is okay, don’t you live to feel the burn?) Water also boosts your mood, helps your immune system, and makes you smell better. (Don’t laugh, go without enough water for a few days and see how your co-workers respond.)
- Second: The warm up. Warming up your muscles helps to prevent injury. Cold muscles are not your friend, so don’t go into a heavy workout cold. The best warm up involves stretching all the major muscle groups. A good way to achieve this is a short yoga session. It strengthens your muscles as well as stretching them. For a morning workout, some Sun Salutations are the perfect warm up, stretching every muscle group and allowing you to focus for a few minutes before you get into a heavy cardio workout.
- Then: Begin your workout. Whether this is running, a spinning class, hiking, or simply vigorously cleaning a room in your house, it doesn’t matter. Keep your heart rate up for 30 minutes. Don’t stop moving, set a goal to just keep going and do it. (The trick here is to set an alarm and not look at the clock.) The time will be up before you know it and you will have reached your goal.
- Next: Cool down. This one is simple. Just cool down the same way you warmed up. (If you’re doing house work, this is the part where you stand there and fold clothes.)
- Last: Hydrate. Yep. It’s that important.
Keep up your goal in focus. Let www.HealthClubMilwaukee.com help you reach your goal.
Do the best you can and before you know it, you’ll be the best YOU that you can be.